Workshops + retreats provide a space for focused attention on particular poses and detailed methods.
These longer-form events a chance to deepen one's understanding of the body and the poses and take that knowledge into one’s regular practice.
NEW YEAR'S EVE FLOW + MEDITATION
Dec 31, 10pm - Jan 1, 2017, 12:05am | JP Centre Yoga, Jamaica Plain, MA
Tim is your MC for the night at JP Centre Yoga - bring your yoga mat and bid farewell to 2016 with a festive sweaty flow. Tim will bring the beats, the merriment, the YOGA and ultimately guide you to silent meditation as the year transitions. All levels.
THE EIGHT-LIMB PATH: An In-Depth Yoga Study with Tim Kelleher
Feb - May 2017 | South Boston Yoga
“Return to one’s self, discover the divine.” (Yoga sutra 2.44)
The power of yoga is in joy of practice, the freedom that comes from knowledge, and the strength of community. Join Tim Kelleher for a 4-month exploration of the eight-limbed path of yoga. Poses, breathing, philosophy, mediation; take a dive into the deeper end of the practice.
This program is for long-time practitioners who are looking to gain a deeper understanding of their practice, for new practitioners looking to dedicate, and for teachers who are ready to refresh their 200-hour learning. In short, for any and all students of yoga who are seeking more from their practice, and more from their lives.
The yogic path is one of self-inquiry and practice. We will do a lot of both. There will be reading and homework, both physical and intellectual. Expect to be lovingly challenged. The promise of the practice is a stabilized peace in any and all circumstances. In recent years the only way to progress was to enroll in a teacher training. This program is yoga studies training, an investment in yourself and for yourself.
During Program You Will...
- Develop a close relationship with teacher and fellow students. Foster community and connection with like-minded people.
- Take master classes in asana and pranayama. Search for freedom in alignment, build strength and push boundaries.
- Study functional anatomy. Understand the structure of the body, especially as it pertains to movement, and use that understanding to refine and deepen your practice.
- Explore meditation with William Jackson. Develop a mindfulness practice with guidance and reachable meditation goals.
- Learn practical philosophy. Explore the history of yoga and the tenets of yogic philosophy. Study both the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Baghavad Gita and gain understanding on how ancient philosophy is applicable in our modern world. See how reshaping your perspective can reshape your circumstances.
- Develop a home practice. Working with Tim each student will create an individual practice plan to support a personal practice.
4 months, 1 weekend per month, 1-6 PM
(40 hours total)
- February 18 - 19
- March 11 - 12
- April 22 - 23
- May 13 - 14
$895 (early bird price - paid in full by January 1st)
$995 (regular price)
*Optional Payment Plan:
Enrollment Deposit - $335
February 1st - $330
March 1st - $330
*To use payment plan please register, pay the deposit and then email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your payment schedule.
Please Note: This training is not considered a yoga teacher training program although deepening your connection to yourself will improve your teaching tenfold. In addition, continuing education credits (40-hours C.E.) will be available through Yoga Alliance.
YOGA INVIERNO EN CUBA - SOLD OUT
March 12 - March 19 2017 | Havana, Cuba - Playas del Este
Join Tim in his second annual yoga and cultural retreat in Cuba. This is a special trip, and a chance to filter the many colors of Cuba through the lens of yoga. We will tour Havana, visit an organic farm, practice with Cuban yogis, learn salsa, visit the mountains so see a self sustaining artist community, and much much more.
To meet U.S. Treasury Department requirements, this 6-night/7-day itinerary will include a full schedule of cultural events, which we'll balance with plenty of time for beaches and Havana nightlife!
During the retreat, the Godfather of Cuban yoga, Eduardo Pimentel, will be a featured instructor. Pimentel has trained more than 12,000 yoga practitioners while aiming to develop a prominent Vipassana community in Havana. Eduardo has taught many Cubans about yoga and has even been featured on national television. You can find out more about Eduardo in this mini-doc about his life and mission.
We will stay about 15 miles east of Havana at the sweet Mhai Yoga retreat center. The staff is even sweeter than the beach. This is an incredible trip that includes
- Locally sourced, personally prepared organic meals
- Air conditioned rooms, many with ocean views
- All activities and transportation in Cuba
- A full schedule of meaningful activities
- Gorgeous beach and pool access.
- 2 yoga classes daily with Tim and Eduardo
- Available spa services and treatments.
- Life changing Cuban magic.
Pricing is as follows- (please note that airfare info is not yet available for Havana flights, but will be by September - so don't worry about that piece yet)
- Single - $2350
- Double -$1900
- Triple- $1800
Reserve your spot with a deposit of $500 here. Balance in full will be due Nov 1st.
This is not the trip for everyone. You will have the very best of what Cuba has to offer, but by American standards this can feel a little spartan. It is a beautiful opportunity to navigate the difference between needs and wants. Please direct questions to me at email@example.com if you have concerns.